FANtasy Baseball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roster Size

3 posters

Go down

Roster Size Empty Roster Size

Post by MikeMangels Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:05 am

I would like to use a large roster, and preferably one that as closely as possible approximates a full regular season roster of 25 players. I would also like to have multiple DL spots and at least five spots for players that are in the minors at the time. I believe that Yahoo can accommodate all of these settings, but I don't know if ESPN can. But I do favor as large a roster as whatever carrier we use will permit.

MikeMangels
Admin

https://fanball.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Roster Size Empty Re: Roster Size

Post by D'Argenio Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:09 pm

25 man rosters make sense as that is what happens in real baseball. I do like the idea of having a minor league team. I think those types of leagues are called dynasty leagues? Could be wrong on that. I would put my hat in the ring for more than 5 minor league spots.

D'Argenio

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMangels Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:37 pm

I am more than fine with more than five people, but we need to find somewhere to host it. I want to do as much as possible on the league and not have to keep a ton of work to be done as commissioner overrides. If we can find a site that handles more than five I'm on board. I checked Yahoo, they can do five. ESPN's league creator isn't active yet as far as I can tell.

MikeMangels
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jdack Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:41 pm

I am up for any roster size but teams need to be online. Keeping separate records offline would lead to a lot of extra work and difficulty for managers to see who is available to be picked up during the season.

Also the number of minor league players would need to be set for every team... i.e. no options for players to use minor league slots for extra streaming pitchers.

Given that, are we sure 20 players is enough for a team

Required Starters
Catcher - 1
First base - 1
Second base - 1
Third base - 1
Outfield - 3
DH - 1 or 2
Starting Pitchers - 5
Relief Pitchers - 2 or 3

That would be 15 to 17 players just for starting purposes and does not count bench players.

What ever roster size is chosen, it just needs to make practical sense for not only dynasty purposes but also the current season.

jdack

Back to top Go down

Roster Size Empty Clarification

Post by MikeMangels Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Sorry this wasn't clear. So when I said 25 player rosters, I meant 25 active players. So on ESPN, this would be a little bit tricky, but probably not because they make minor leaguers available later anyway. But on Yahoo, there are "Not Active" slots. Those are in addition to your bench slots (just like the Disabled List). The NA slot only applies to people that are not on an active 25 man major league roster, so if we had 5 NA slots, you would have the ability to have 30 players on your team (25 full time players, 5 NA, and 5DL slots).

That was just to clarify. On ESPN, we would have a 30 player roster, and the five minor leaguers would occupy bench slots.

As for the issue of online v. offline, I agree that everything needs to be transparent. If we cannot do the minor league settings on a site (which I am assuming that we can't because say for instance you want to lay a claim on this year's first round draft pick for the future, you can't until the player would even be added to the MLB universe, which takes some time on both sites) I want you to be able to take that player if you want it, so you would nominate the player here, there would be open bidding, and I would manually add the player to an excel spreadsheet that I am sharing via a google document with all the league members so people know who is on each player's roster and what their value is.

Let me know if that works for people.

MikeMangels
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum